AFPPANP Supports National Obesity Care Week Oct 29 - Nov 4
AFPPANP is proud to announce that we have partnered with over 30 other organizations to support National Obesity Care Week.
National Obesity Care Week is an education campaign to advance comprehensive care and treatment for individuals living with the disease of obesity. Founded by The Obesity Society (TOS), the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC), Strategies to Overcome and Prevent (STOP) Obesity Alliance, and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), the Campaign includes over 30 like-minded partners in the public and private sectors. This year National Obesity Care Week will be October 29 - November 4, 2017 and will coincide with ObesityWeek, the premier, international conference focused on the science and treatment of obesity.
Our aim is to achieve better health outcomes for people living with obesity by:
- Generating broad awareness of the complexity of obesity as a serious disease, and reinforcing the tremendous unmet needs among those who struggle.
- Sensitizing people to the overt and nuanced role bias plays in preventing access to respectful, adequate medical care.
- Encouraging use of resources and tools to improve providers’ and patients’ understanding of the full range of treatment options.
- Increasing comfort of providers and patients in discussing and/or treating obesity in medical settings.
- Educating across the continuum of learning – from students to established healthcare professionals – about how to treat obesity.
For more information visit the Obesity Care Week Website