New Ultrasound Guiedlines from the AAFP
This announcement has 1 attachment:
New Ultrasound AAFP guidelines are below. Register for the ultrasound workshop at our upcoming conference April 18 - 22, 2018 in San Antonio to receive this course.
POCUS will transform family physicians’ ability to arrive at a rapid diagnosis for their patients.
For example, POCUS can help the family physician differentiate:
- Congestive heart failure (CHF) from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) exacerbation
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease from biliary colic
- Passing kidney stone from a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Deep vein thrombosis from a Baker cyst
- Abscess from cellulitis
- Rotator cuff tear from impingement syndrome
- Fetal vertex presentation from a breech presentation
- Viable pregnancy from a miscarriage
These diagnoses can be made at the bedside, in the clinic, or in the hospital, and save the patient from a potentially costly, time-delayed ultrasound, CT scan, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) performed by the radiology department. The improved workflow with POCUS will give physicians another tool in medical decision making, shorten the time to diagnosis, and improve patient care.
Register for the Ultrasound workshop here There are 3 days of the ultrasound workshop available at our upcoming conference April 19 - 22, 2018